Saturday, October 25, 2014

Another side to creativity



I recently took an online course called Creative Girl by Danielle Donaldson.  In it, she teaches many techniques including watercolor and applying mixed media.  House on Stilts was one of the projects in her class. 

Danielle believes in Creative Practicing which is the practice of learning and growing from others.  These two paintings are taken directly from the ideas taught in her class.  In every painting I do, I’m putting more of myself into the details.  I have long way to go but am enjoying the journey in each one.

2 comments:

  1. Hi LIsa.... I took this class of Danielle's as well... I love your paintings... the colours are great... mine ended up a bit to bright for my liking.

    Do you know if there is any written info anywhere that we can still access? I forget totally how we arrived at the finish product..... I don't seem to have any info other than that it was on Jeanne Oliver's blog... suppose I will have to go there and ask if she can give me any info...

    again... love your soft beautiful colours....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words! I have made several of these paintings. Some are very bright. :-) You can still access Danielle's class at http://jeanneoliver.ning.com/, under my "my page". Jeanne has made this class available forever, there aren't time constraints anymore. Did you know that Danielle is offering another class that begins in March? The info is on http://jeanneoliver.ning.com/. I can't wait.

    Danielle is coming out with a book too. It's available for pre-order on Amazon. Danielle has more information on her site, http://danielledonaldson.com/. - Lisa

    ReplyDelete